This time it was for the swap at our monthly Stamp Club. The theme was a wall hanging for an art room.
I used the same oil pastel resist technique and Cuttlebug border as on my recent first attempt on which I also used a Lynne Perrella stamp. I enjoyed that so much I thought I would do another similar one.
The piece of board behind is just a piece of corrugated cardboard painted and crackled using Americana Weathered Wood crackle medium. I have to say this is the easiest way to get a crackle effect I have yet tried!
I used a length of fine chain I had in my stash to hang it and some lovely lime green wire to suspend the scrabble tiles on. The tiles were distressed using alcohol inks and I also stamped around the edges to give them an antique look, using black Stazon.
After spraying the old glossy photo paper I used for the main image part with Dylusions inks and drying, I then stamped the script after simply spraying the stamp with a mist of water....you have to try this, it's a great effect!
Then I ran the edges through my Cuttlebug and finished off with some Rub n Buff which I also ran around the edge of the back board.
The top scroll is made from a bit of dishwasher tablet cardboard box, painted with various acrylic paints to make it look aged and a couple of gems added. The die is a Sizzix Bigz Die (Corner Flourish #2).
You can see here that I made the bottom border in the same way using coloured staples to attach it to the board. I love this Tim Holtz Alterations Die (Scallops) and think I need a few more from the 'On The Edge' collection. This is the only one I own at the moment.
I got to swap with Claire and this is the fab wall hanging I got in return.....love the font for the sentiment and all those fab danglies!!!Right at this stage in my life, I don't seem to be able to find much time to do art and I do so miss it but I hope, with the colder months ahead, I'll get more time to play!