Monday 2 May 2011

Altered Tissue Box

Last month at our local Stamp Club, we were asked to bring along a household container to decorate.
I took a tissue box....an item much used by me with my allergies!
Here is the box before the paint job - lovely tissues, by the way - Waitrose UltraSoft!


So, first I covered the box in Gesso then a couple of layers of acrylic paint.I used the CreativeExpressions Floral Lace mask stippled in pink paint, made a mask of a leaf stamp (Artemio) and stippled the solid leaf shape then stamped the leaf deail on top. The Elusive Images flowers were stamped onto ordinary pink copy paper, coloured with Coloursoft pencil, Inkssentials white pen and Artline Gold Pen and added White Enamel Accent dots to the centres.
After freehand scribbling some swirly bits in Gold randomly on the box, I pasted on the flowers and covered the whole thing in Mod Podge to seal it.

1 comment:

Wini said...

Hi Netti, thanks for your visit. I love how you've decorated the tissue box. The flowers and the colours look really pretty!! Have a lovely weekend, Wini xo