Saturday 21 July 2012

Contrasts!

I've been  away for a while and unable to do any crafting but, last month, I did make this card for a very dear crafting friend in America for her birthday. I ordered her some IndigoBlu stamps for her, belated!, birthday present so, of course, had to buy a couple of stamps for me at the same time....you know how it is!!!
This card's made using the Anemone Corner stamp which was even bigger than I had expected but works well on a large square card, repeating the corner twice.
As you can see, I layered up bits of the flowers and coloured them with watered down Distress Inks. The sentiment was one of a set sent to me for MY birthday by the same friend and is from a polymer set from Crescendoh by Christine Mason Miller and called 'Ordinary Sparkling Sentiments'.
This card was quite a departure for me as I don't normally do pretty but I really enjoyed making it.






I curled the petals up as well - although I'm never sure that things like that will survive being put in an envelope and sent in the mail. It probably ended up flattened!










By complete contrast, at June's local Stamp Club there was an art doll swap - the template was provided by the host and she got it from here.
I so enjoyed playing with this and immediately knew I would be using a head from my new Dylusions stamps!
It also didn't take more than a split second to decide that my doll would be a showgirl....as I used to be a dancer and thought I could make a mini me, well a mini me as I was in a past life anyway!!!!
Unfortunately I didn't actually make that Stamp Club meet but here she is in all her glory. Meet Lola!!!!.............
 I love the look of her fishnet tights and silver shoes yet they were so easy to do.


 I used a Crafty Individuals stamp for the buildings on her leotard, a mini Inkadinkado stamp for her tattoo and Elusive Images swirly stamps for her feathers. Another Elusive Images stamp is the pattern on her long gloves.















I'd like to make another doll but think I would adapt this template so that the body doesn't look so strange when you move the legs....if you see what I mean!!!!???
Anyway, there are plenty of templates out there online. Get out there and give it a try....it's so much fun!

No comments: