Saturday 21 July 2012

After the Craft Barn....

I went to the summer Craft Barn Extravaganza a few weeks ago. What a great crafting event and a great chance to meet up with all my lovely forum friends from Cardmaking Paradise too!
Apart from the social aspect and lots of laughs, there were, as always, some great demos going on so we all went home with new goodies from the shop but a huge amount of inspiration and new techniques to try.

I bought yet more Dylusions stamps plus all her ink sprays, lots of bits and pieces plus two sublime stamp sets from Paper Artsy by Lynne Perrella.
I made a couple of things with those already - the first was a wall hanging, implementing Helen Chilton's oil pastel resist with dry embossed egdes.
I hadn't reckoned on my piece of card (which was just a backing from some craft packaging - hence the hanging hole, ready made!) actually being too big to go through widthways on my Cuttlebug so I shoved it through anyway and I really liked the distressed edges this created - LOL!
I used fusible film for parts of the stamp and added some tiny sequins from an evening dress - I always keep the spares they give you in a little bag and these ones were perfect for this as they are antique finish. 
 Here you can see the great detail that still came through even when ironed onto fusible film.
I love this effect!
















I used Dylusions ink sprays on the card which I think look delicious and I picked out the peaks of the dry embossing in places with some gold acrylic Eco Paint and some ruby Rub n Buff.












I then made a card using another of the Lynne Perrella stamps which I painted with acrylics, used those sequins again and the sun is again using fusible film which I coloured on the back with gold pen. The tape across the card is by 7 Gypsies and is like a masking tape texture.
The background to the stamped piece is, again, made using Dylusions ink sprays plus a little Crafty Notions white paint spray.


On both these projects, I stuck the sequins down using glitter glue which really gives a great jewelled look to the centre of the sequin.




Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Gorgeous Netti! I especially love the dylusions background with the gold acrylic and rub n buff - it looks fantastic!