Wednesday 18 March 2009

Foamboard and Tissue




I've been away for a few months - not away from home but away from my blog - so I have a bit of catching up to do.
Life has been too busy to do much creative stuff since I was last on here. My mum had two falls since just before Christmas and the second time, in January, she was in hospital for 8 days.
I'm happy to say that she's fine again now.
This is a card I made for her birthday which was just after her first fall !!
I used a piece of white foamboard and Mod Podged stamped pieces of tissue paper in a collage all over it. This was a technique featured in Simply Stamping (remember that mag???) by Jean Hardy of Crafty Individuals and, more recently, in a Craft Stamper article too.
I loved making this card and it was helped by the use of Crafty Individuals fabulous printed paper which I used for the background. The sentiment stamp is from a set by Simple Expressions.
Must use some more foamboard soon....I had to buy 5 A3 sheets of the stuff in Staples so that should last me the rest of my crafting life I should think!! lol

I have quite a lot more to add but that's about it for tonight.
I've been making ATCs all evening and am done-in so off to bed now................

No comments: