Saturday 14 August 2010

Post-It Note House - All Credit to Isa

I've had two of these houses ready to alter for months now -actually probably getting on for a year, if I'm honest!
I bought them in Sainsbury's but got the idea when seeing one that Isa Norris had altered. You can see hers here
and I think you'll see why I was so inspired!!
This is how the Post-It Note house is when you buy it (sadly, I haven't seen them for sale for ages but they may come back one day)....


So, now I've shown you Isa's, I'm not so sure I should show you mine - lol ! but here it is in stages.
First of all, of course, I ripped off all the post-it notes from the roof and took out the little stack of paper from inside. I gessoed it all over and added some torn pieces of text from a book. I have already painted the inside of the 'roof' and the narrow base with some Eco Friendly acrylic paint...


Then I basically went a bit barmy with stamped bits of tissue paper, paint and foil. I think I overdid it a bit, in my opinion, but hey! Sometimes don't know when to stop....lol !! The plan was to make the roof in one piece of metal but I didn't have the size I needed so had to improvise a bit. It's embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder plus Ten Seconds Studio tools for the top bit of the roof and coloured with alcohol inks.

So here's the finished item. Stamps by Inkadinkado, Paper Artsy, Crafty Individuals, Elusive Images and Kelly Panacci plus the almost obligatory unknown U.M. !!......



1 comment:

Isabelle Norris said...

oh wow Netti!! that's fantastic!!
Don't know if SB's sold them again last year, but I got mine 2 years ago in SB's... Still, never too late.... LOLOL
Is that what you were up to at 2 am last nigt? ;)