Saturday 14 August 2010

A simple birthday card

I recently bought two lots of Paper Artsy flower dies and was eager to give them a try so made this simple card, using Basic Grey patterned paper plus some vellum printed with a Glenda Waterworth design and a vellum piece Cuttlebugged with Swiss Dots.

Here's a detail of the flower and leaves.

 I outlined them using a permanent black pen and my lovely, invaluable Inkssentials White Pen. The middle medallion is frosted with Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Clear Rock Candy ..... I love this stuff and think it's going to get quite a bit of use in my Christmas cards this year.
Talking of which, gosh,  must start thinking about those.................

1 comment:

themessycraftroom said...

A pretty card, never thought of using my dies with vellum. The flower looks lovely. What a brilliant idea. x ChrisB