Friday 6 April 2012

Another 'Paradise' template!

I had to make a card for a boy's 11th birthday this week so over I went to Sara's Cardmaking Paradise mag to look for a number template....she did not let me down and I found this great funky 11 shaped card.

I embossed the whole thing using one of Tim Holtz's embossing folders then printed and cut out another single number 1 which I embossed using another of Tim's folders. Though you can't see it here, I then highlighted some of the circles with Glossy Accents and some of the speckles with Distress Stickles in Firde Brick.
The sentiment circle was made from a Tim Holtz stamp, heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Lava Black Aurora and topped with a Hero Arts stamped sentiment. I tried to get as close to Westham footbal club's colours as I could using Adirondack Cloud Blue and Archival Plum inks.
Because my printer can't handle thick card, I found a great way to transfer Sara's templates onto card. I printed the template onto tracing paper then turned it face down on the thick card and ran my embossing stylus around the lines....to my surprise and delight, they transferred onto the card beautifully!
Thanks, Sara, for another great template!!!

No comments: