Friday 6 April 2012

Salt, Twinkling H2Os and water

I recently made a card, playing with art journalling style a bit but also using a technique featured in the April issue of Craft Stamper magazine by Sheena Douglas. It involves spodging Twinkling H2Os onto spritzed card then spritzing again to make them run together and while this is wet, adding some sea salt which you brush off when all is dry.
I haven't used my H2Os much lately so it was nice to get those lovely colours out again. I also used them to paint in my outline leaves - which are hand drawn somewhat in the style of Dyan Reaveley. I covet almost ALL of her stamp sets and they are firmly on my wishlist.
So, here's the card - using an Artemio flower stamp which I embossed in detail white....
The rows of circles are a Claudine Hellmuth stamp from the 'Dwellings' Creative Layers polymer set which I then highlighted with a white pen.

I shaded around the embossed flower with a Derwent pencil - I think it was an Inktense one but could have been a Coloursoft.
I'm really enjoying drawing a few things onto my work these days and also did the wording freehand....as you could probably guess, LOL! Yes, need to do some more work on my lettering!!!
You can see here the effect of the salt on the paint.

No comments: