Friday 6 April 2012

Mothers Day Project

Over on Cardmaking Paradise online magazine, there is a great template - amongst many! - for a Mothers Day card in its own little box. It even has alternative wording of Mom and Mor. I made one for my mum and also as a member of the Design Team at Cardmaking Paradise and here it is.........
I used Bazzill and a gorgeous 12x12 double-sided scrapbooking paper by Prima called 'Parsley Place' from the Madeline Collection.
Sara, at Gardmaking Paradise, gives great step-by-step instructions on how to assemble all her shaped cards etc and you simply download the PDF template or whichever version you need.
So, we also made a little box into which this card fits beautifully and, on opening the box, the card pops up out of the box.

What I loved about this patterned cardstock was that it has that layered look without having to cut up any bits and layer them up!
Here's the outside of my box all done up with ribbon and a tiny tag I also made from the same card...
I didn't have a diecut label for the top of the box so I simply cut this from a rectangle using the old-fashioned scissors we used to use!!! I edged this with Distress Stickles Rock Candy which I also used on details of the floral bits on the actual card. I added some stick on min pearls to complete the look.



No comments: