Tuesday 10 April 2012

Apertures

At our last local Stamp Club get together the theme was 'apertures'. Finding stamps that could be used for apertures was suggested by our illustrious leader, Clare. I have just finished this card which I began making at club and I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out.....
The printed image is from  Crafty Individuals 'People and Places 2' miniatures book in which there are loads of absolutely gorgeous coloured images. I made the aperture from two Invoke Arts stamps from the Nicho Frames set.
I added some little 'gold' mosaic tiles and a punched star made from book text.
The sentiment comes from a new set I recently was given by my crafting friend in America. It's made by Crescendoh, designed by Christine Mason Miller and called 'Ordinary Sparkling Sentiments'. I have long had this set of stamps on my wishlist and I'm so pleased to have it in my grubby little mitts at last.....thank you Steph!
For this card I cut the words up so as to fit them into the space I had. They were stamped onto some Basic Grey cardstock and edged with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.
Finally, here is a photo of the inside of the card which I left simple and just added a little detail around the aperture using more stamps from the same Invoke Arts set.
I have another part-finished aperture card from the same club session. I hope to get that made soon - watch this space but don't hold your breath - LOL !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Netti - I love the colours and that is just so effective to have the image behind the aperture.